Pronunciation Guide

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pizza smells so good...and gum IS so good

…That title has absolutely nothing to do with the content of this post. But I just walked into the kitchen, past pizza boxes from last night, to get some gum…and…tada! A post title!

Now that that is out of the way, I will say this: Yesterday, I thought I’d figured out something crucial. My heart leapt in excitement…and then crashed down as I realized it cannot happen. Not even slightly. I won’t give things away, but…basically…I have a group of people who need to go to a certain place. And I don’t know how they are going to get there. My idea was to have this other person help them…but that can’t happen, because the group of people does not know this person yet. And I can’t just have them know each other another way; they do not meet this person until they have gone where they need to go. Does that make sense? …The person and the group meet AFTER the group has gotten to the place, not before. It is because they are in that place that they meet the person at all. And I mean, I could change that…but I really, really like how they meet; it is redemptive, and if it doesn’t happen in that way, it will just…not be as redemptive. So, in order to keep the coolness…that person cannot help them get there.

…Bummer.

So, I still do not know how that all happens…how the group gets to that place. My original idea for it [for one of the group of people to be the one to get them there]…I just don’t know if it will work or not. It seems…like it wouldn’t. But maybe…??

I don’t know.
I don’t know. Ack!

And this --- unlike most of the other ideas that I stress about not having figured out --- is actually [gasp!] in book one. So, like…I need to figure it out relatively soon.

And I also need to take a shower. …And pray. …I am so bad. Sigh. Sometimes I just don’t want to think, you know?

…In other news, I read through some older story ideas today, and I about had a meltdown for two characters because they were in town at night. Like, I was literally beginning to panic for them. Don’t misunderstand; I knew that I was in a different story. The dialogue was very different, and the font was as well. I didn’t get confused about what story I was looking at. …I am just so programmed toward thinking that characters cannot be out after dusk that I just…

I don’t know.
I am weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment